Thursday, March 17, 2011

Invisible Children

It seems like the people making the film made a small joke about what they were doing. They were obviously doing the right thing but it doesn't seem as though they set off the dramatic, serious tone that they needed to. I really liked the story that they told and I thought that the cause was very important. I didn't really get the facts that I wanted to see. I wanted to know more about the actual abducted children, not just the reaction of the children who were worried about being abducted. I thought that their reaction was extremely important but I felt as though they didn't focus on the things that they needed to. My favorite scene of the documentary was probably the child crying about his lost brother. Not only was this the most powerful message in the whole documentary but it really summed up the the documentary and the feelings of the entire country. I don't think that other than donating money and spreading awareness there is nothing really anyone can do. The United States government can make a decision on whether or not they should think about going in to Uganda and helping the people. I think that what the film makers did was absolutely the best anyone can do. Unless you are a part of the government then you can't really make an immediate impact. The film makers did the most anybody can do by spreading the message. I really think that's the best that we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment