Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hidden Bias

The tests showed that I had a moderate biased towards people of European descent. This doesn't really prove anything. I feel as though the test just calculates your reaction time for whatever your brain sees first. I really don't think that I have any biased. I think I judge all people based on what the way they present themselves. I don't judge by the color of peoples skins. I was fairly surprised by my results only because I thought my reaction time was equal for all of the pictures and words. I wonder how they actually calculate it. Also, I wonder if a racist would get a report that said he was severely biased. It's a very credible source so I'm assuming that a lot of research went into the actual project of creating this.
Something that surprised me about the FAQ was the question about the prejudices. I feel as though kids do not learn prejudices at the age of three. I think those are developed early in life but not that early. Also, the IAT tests seem to be legitimate. I don't think I'm bias but the IAT test say I am. It is a lot more complicated than I had originally thought. I was also interested in what causes discrimination. I was surprised to see movies and life or death situations. I figured that movies would try and stray away from discriminating. There are obviously clear affects of prejudices in our nations. I think the problem is diminishing and as the more prejudice people die off we continue to become a more integrated nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment